I am typically available every Monday and Wednesday after school until at the very least 3:30 (usually 4:00).
In addition, students have SO much available to them now for online help. Below are some websites that can be used to supplement what we're doing in class. Remember that you can use any time spent on these activities on your study/listening log.
- Disney related games and activities including KARAOKE!! http://aja.disney.com/juegos-y-actividades
- Disney clips and more in Spanish http://aja.disney.com/
- Duolingo is a site that I've just learned about from one of my students! http://www.duolingo.com/
- FREE language learning program through the county library. Create a profile so it saves your progress. http://libraries.mangolanguages.com/solano-county/login?u=858552
- Games for learning Spanish: http://www.info-mania.org/resources-for-students/spanish-video-series#!games-to-learn-spanish/ct2z
Readings in Spanish: http://www.sipuebla.com/spanishreader.htm
- Podcasts in Spanish: http://www.notesinspanish.com/category/advanced/
- Responses to questions on video: http://www.laits.utexas.edu/spe/sup01.html
- Science and technology news in Spanish: http://www.ticbeat.com/
- Information about different countries in Spanish: http://www.indexmundi.com/es/
- Charts and graphs in Spanish: http://www.ine.es
- All kinds of audio in Spanish (searchable by length, subject, etc.): http://www.audio-lingua.eu/?lang=en#en-4-28-29-26-27
- Activities with songs in Spanish - you can check it yourself! There are also activities with movie trailers, vocabulary, grammar, culture and more! http://www.ver-taal.com/canciones.htm
- Love this page with "problemas lexicales" for native speakers and AP students especially: http://www.ver-taal.com/vocabulario.htm
- Site with great authentic resources: http://www.practicaespanol.com/es/bienvenido-practica-espanol/art/17/
- Website that goes with Spanish 3 book: http://go.hrw.com/hrw.nd/gohrw_rls1/pKeywordResults?keyword=EXP3
- Website that goes with Spanish 2 book: http://go.hrw.com/hrw.nd/gohrw_rls1/pKeywordResults?keyword=EXP2
- Website that goes with Spanish 1 book: http://go.hrw.com/hrw.nd/gohrw_rls1/pKeywordResults?keyword=EXP1
- Quia also has activities that go with the textbook. Click on "Spanish" in the "Shared Activities" section. You can also search by grammar topic instead of by textbook. http://www.quia.com/web
- BBC has an amazing website that includes activities, listening, reading and more. http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/spanish/
- National Spanish Examination online practice exercises: http://www.nationalspanishexam.org/index.php/exam-preparation/online-practice-exercises
- National Spanish Examination past examinations: http://www.nationalspanishexam.org/index.php/exam-preparation/past-examinations
- Lots of free explanations and quizzes: http://studyspanish.com/tutorial.htm
- Conjuguemos.com: https://conjuguemos.com/
- Quizlet: http://quizlet.com/languages-and-vocab/
- Networks where you can watch some short videos: http://www.aztecaamerica.com/ http://www.univision.com/ http://www.televisa.com/us/
Supplies wanted! (Wish list)
If you're looking to make a donation to BCMHS, I would love any/all of the following supplies (listed in order of preference)...Keep in mind that $20 in donations or supplies earns you an hour towards your parent hours and I'll happily sign off on your PPR.
- funding for the National Spanish Exam banquet in May/June
- Kleenex/facial tissue (the stuff from the district isn't nice to noses)
- DVDs of Disney-type G rated movies that include a Spanish language track (used are fine)
- SHARPIES! Any color!
- poker chips
- blue/black whiteboard markers (low odor, please!)
- stickers for rewarding good grades on quizzes (with words...in Spanish, or just with fun pictures/graphics)
- molds of sugar skulls (like http://www.mexicansugarskull.com/sugar_skulls/index.html) Any size and design (we have some mini)
- small round magnets to glue on mini sugar skulls
- yarn - any kind, color - Grandma's old stuff is great!
- Plaster of Paris
- popsicle sticks
Thank you so much for your support!
Tutoring happens in room 3, with Sra. Jara. You will be tutoring Spanish 1/2 students. Spanish 3/4/5 students earn 10 extra credit points for their participation. If you cannot sit the tutoring ...more