Come travel with us! Only 10 seats left on the bus!
Señora Deards and I have planned an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G tour to Guatemala and Belize for June of 2017! If you want more information about what we will be doing and the pricing, please come to our FINAL ...more
- 2015-2016 National Spanish Exam results: 28 students earned a national ranking and another 39 received Honorable Mention!
-100% of the students who took the 2016 AP exam PASSED!
-100% of the students who took the 2015 AP exam PASSED and one of them won won a $500 scholarship from the AATSP!
Office Hours, Tutoring, and Online Resources!
My "official" office hours are Fridays during the SHAC session (11:35-12:25). Other office hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays 2:30-3:30. I teach zero period and am not available before school.
Spanish Peer tutoring is availabel twice weekly: Wednesday's during lunch in Sra Deards' room (3) and Friday's during office hours in our room (6). Many students don't realize the ABSOLUTE BENEFIT of this HELPFUL RESOURCE and don't attend. Each tutoring session, there are several upper-level Spanish students ready to help. My students MUST bring their lunch to Wednesday's session so they can take advantage of the entire lunch break.
In addition, students have SO much online help! Below are websites that can be used to supplement what we're doing in class:
- Website that goes with Spanish 2 book: http://go.hrw.com/hrw.nd/gohrw_rls1/pKeywordResults?keyword=EXP2
- Website that goes with Spanish 1 book: http://go.hrw.com/hrw.nd/gohrw_rls1/pKeywordResults?keyword=EXP1
- National Spanish Examination online exercises: http://www.nationalspanishexam.org/index.php/exam-preparation/online-practice-exercises
- National Spanish Examination past examinations: http://www.nationalspanishexam.org/index.php/exam-preparation/past-examinations
- Sites for TIMED VERB CONJUGATION PRACTICE for all tenses: https://conjuguemos.com
- Instructional review, pronunciation exercises, verb drills, and quizzes: http://studyspanish.com/tutorial.htm
- Quia: Click on "Spanish" in the "Shared Activities" section and search by grammar topic instead of by textbook. http://www.quia.com/web
- BBC has an amazing website that includes activities, listening, reading and more. http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/spanish/
- Quizlet: http://quizlet.com/languages-and-vocab/
- Networks for videos: http://www.aztecaamerica.com/ http://www.univision.com/ http://www.televisa.com/us/