Parents, We Need You!
Research shows that one of the most influential factors in student success is the involvement by parents/guardians in the student’s educational program. Parents/guardians of BCMHS students are expected to:
- Insist on daily, punctual school attendance of their student.
- Monitor the daily and weekly completion of the student's work.
- Be actively involved in their student’s educational program.
- Provide transportation to and from all school activities.
- Support the discipline codes and behavior guidelines of Buckingham Charter Magnet High School and Vacaville Unified School District.
- Complete all applicable school paperwork and meet stated deadlines.
- Provide or facilitate instructional assistance for the student.
- Participate regularly and actively in parent meetings, activities and workshops.
- Proactively ask questions or seek assistance from BCMHS staff.
- Stay informed by reading the BCMHS handbook, school newsletter and other school communications, and by visiting the BCMHS web site(s) regularly.
- Show respect for all charter school students, parents and staff.
- Contribute to the school community through the Parent Service Hours program.
Parent Service Hours
Parental involvement is widely understood to be a significant contributor toward a student’s success in school. With this in mind each Buckingham family is asked to contribute a minimum of five hours per semester to support the students, the school, and its programs (See Guidelines for Parent Service Hours/Volunteer Builder). The following are general guidelines for the program:
- The program will be administered by the parent group with administrative support and oversight.
- Service hours will be submitted to the main office on a designated tally sheet and are subject to verification by a Staff member or Staff designee.
- A list of qualifying service opportunities will be posted on the school website.
- Parents or family members (other than the student or other minor children) may serve the hours.
- Hours may not be transferred to another family and may not be carried over from year to year.